Since it’s been a few months since I’ve written a beauty post, I have tried a bunch of new products that I’m excited to share with you! First up, a few things I have added to my daytime routine.
– I use this no more than once per week and I love it. I love the scent of (natural) rose—it’s SO nice. During the winter, my skin is a little more dry, and especially around my lips, so this helps a lot.
– For our trip to China, I splurged on a bunch of fancy skincare in travel sizes. I thought it would be a good chance to try a bunch of new things and also have some self-care in my days. Out of everything I tried, this was honestly the only thing that I love so much I will re-buy it. I love face mists and I do think there is value in collecting a variety. I use them after every time I cleanse my face, after a workout (with just a splash of water and then towel dry and then a mist), and I even keep one at my desk to use throughout the day.
– This is, by far, the most powerful mask I have ever tried that does not burn my skin. It makes my face so flush (like pretty red!) and my skin feels amazing afterward. I rotate between this and one of my more gentle masks, but I love this one and will for sure keep it in rotation.
– I got this for Christmas and have been loving it! It does leave a very subtle shimmer in my hair and I love spraying it in Nova’s hair too (they make a silver one as well). I also love the scent, so if you’re in the market for a sea salt spray I recommend this one to try! Just make sure to shake it really well before each use.
– This glittery body oil doubles as a moisturizer and perfume. It smells incredible! The glitter is subtle and in all the times I’ve used it, I’ve never felt self-conscious at all (it’s not obnoxious looking, I promise!). It’s really tough to find any kind of perfume that smells amazing, but doesn’t have artificial fragrance (the only other one I have ever found is ). So anytime I find any product that has a great natural fragrance, I get SO excited.
– I got worried I was exfoliating too much, or too harshly and stopped exfoliating at all for a bit. But I realized I did need some, so I looked for a super gentle solution and I found these pads. I will definitely be keeping them in my rotation because they are gentle, yet effective and I trust the ingredients.
These are a few things I have added to my night routine.
– This is THE most perfect lotion. It’s definitely a keeper for me as a facial moisturizer. I use a lot of oils on my face, but sometimes it feels good to switch it up. I highly recommend this product. It smells so good and is super light!
– I have mentioned this before, but I added it here because it’s a good counterpart to the Pink Cloud. I would use Bless Balm for any kind of chapped or super dry skin, it’s much more heavy duty if you need a deep moisturizer and right before bed is the perfect time for it! If you get really dry areas on your face, use it there and I even use it on my elbows, which get dry.
– I don’t use a serum every night, but I like to use one after a mask to kind of “seal the deal,” if you know what I mean. I have tried a lot of serums in my five years since turning 30 (haha) and this is definitely one of my favorites. It has vitamin C, which helps to brighten your skin.
– This is a new brand to me and I’ve recently tried a bunch of their products (love their shampoo and conditioner too), but this oil is probably my favorite. This is what I typically use every night and I add a drop or two of our or .
– My number one favorite skincare oil. I love the scent of it and it has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial benefits, which are great for your face. It’s not the cheapest oil, but I pretty much only use it for adding a drop to my face oil at night or for skincare DIYs (like a roller blend or a face spray), so it lasts a very long time.
If you have any questions about these products, I’d be happy to answer them! I LOVE learning more about non-toxic skincare. I’ll be doing a post similar to this with some new cosmetics I’ve been loving soon. xx! Helen